Skip to main content

The beauty of First Light

The beauty of first light

How long have I been here
Hidden, suffocating, isolated,ahedonia possessing every part of me.
Time only matters when you count the ticks of destiny echoing behind you, like it's the only sound in vast empty space filled with all your vanished dreams.
It didn't happen all at once...just a thought that slipped quickly enough through my mind
I barely caught it'd stream,
But it made me smile inside, so quietly...it was a passing flicker of light inside of my hollow being.
It happened again, and it's pleasure and warmth scared me...
Dare I trust this feeling...is this me awakening... has my soul begun to breathe.
Holy hands and heavens mercy...have you come to my pleas,
I whisper intimate words, to the stars and they stir a hope in me...
Hold it and it then is real, 
Don't let the darkness fool you
You're infinite existence cannot be extinguished by even the most heinous mortal travesty. 
I'm bleeding hope from within the deepest part of me
I'm breathing life and it tastes like joy...
And I feel love touching me...
Like dawns first quiet light, it
Slowly swallowed the death and illness infecting me...
It feels like being born in slow motion and I see...me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nuclear Masterpiece

Frozen, shocked,deaf to  insanity around me.... safety is a catatonic time bomb Mercy is the aftermath of unnoticed relentless suffering Hallowed the breaking of mind that brings peace Sacred  the ringing which quiets outside In sacred shelter of the storm Deeper  the polish my soul The more gratitude for pain I known Tracy Boote  June 27th 2021

The Warriors Resurrection

In the realms of the dark woods,come the echos of battle cries; rising in crescendo,fading back into distant past. Hidden in foliage hanging with the weight of fetid aromas and moss Rolling thick,slow,low-lying fog crawls in from the unknown.  A shudder felt from deep beneath the forest floor  rise up the souls of old warriors. Listen to the wind as it speaks, to the silence unfolding it's wisdom Waken Warrior of the dark woods, great wars for peace,goodness and rebirth must be fought and won. Pursue what captures your heart. Sing for me your warriors song. Tracy Boote poem inspired by a warrior I saw through a mist of moments and hope A sign...help is on the way.